Tuesday, November 16, 2010

In Loving Memory...

I want to talk about someone very special who was a big part of my life. Someone who I will always love. Someone who I miss so badly. His name is Daniel. He was like a father to me, someone who I looked up to. I never had a father growing up and he was the closest there was. My mom and him met when I was 5 years old. Ever since then he became a part of our family. He took us everywhere and bought us everything. He was always there for us. He was literally just one call away. All the times we shared with him were always wonderful. He treated us like we were his own kids. He had the answers to everything. We could talk all day and laugh about everything. I never had a birthday until he threw me one. Never did I have a toy until he bought me one. Never went anywhere fun until he took me. I love him so very much. He means a lot to my family and I. He's the one that taught me how to love my kids as much as I do. The way that he treated us I try my best to be the same towards my kids. No one can ever be as wonderful as he was. I would do anything to go back in time. Just one more day. One more smile on his face. I know that this was God's plan. God knew that it was his time to go. The last time we spent time together I didn't feel like going but something pushed me to. I'm glad I did because that was the last time that I got to spend time with him. A little while after I had Nathan in the hospital. I had no clue he was coming to the hospital. He surprised me with flowers, cards, and a coloring book in case I got bored. He was always so thoughtful and caring. He dropped off my gifts and had to leave but I was happier than ever. September 22nd 2008 the day that Nathan was born would be the last day I see him alive. October 5th 2008 he passed away suddenly. Never seen it coming but I know that God wanted a beautiful rose in his garden. I am at peace with his death because he didn't suffer no pain, he is in a better place, and he is watching over me. He is my guardian angel.

Daniel Elihu Cobb 09/29/40 - 10/05/08
If tears could build a stairway and memories were a lane. I would walk right up to heaven and bring you back again. No farewell words were spoken, no time to say goodbye. You were gone before I knew it, and only god knows why. My heart still aches in sadness, and secret tears will flow. What it meant to lose you, no one will ever know. But now I know you want me to mourn for you no more. To remember all the happy times, life still has so much in store. Since you'll never be forgotten, I pledge to you today. A hallowed place within my heart is where you'll always stay.

A gift Daniel gave me for my 16th birthday. Inside the vase is filled with coins. He never knew what to get for us on our birthdays and he knows that everyone loves money. I'm glad he got me artificial flowers instead of real ones because now I still have my beautiful flowers after all these years. My favorite keepsake ever.


Daniel dropped this off for me when I was in the hospital. He said it meant goodluck. Never will I throw it away. It has sentimental value.

Don't mind the dust it's 2 years old.

These cards that Daniel gave me means alot. These are the cards that he gave to me when I was in the hospital. I know that it tells me to be strong but right after I heard he passed away I took these cards out and read it. I just know that God knew this was coming and I needed to hear these words. It reads, " God bless you at this difficult time."

"May God grant you all the strength you need."

"There's an angel watching over you." - He became mine.

"... to keep you safe and light your way. For you're someone very special who means more than words can say."

After he passed away I got a tattoo of Daniel's handwriting that he wrote himself "I love you" and traced over it and tattooed it on my wrist. I love it because it's so personal and meaningful. I'll always know that he loves me.

Rest in peace Dad I love you and miss you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment